Thursday, October 13, 2005

Healthy Hair Tips

Here are four tips for healthy hair that anyone can do.

Lifeless Hair

If using a body building gel or mousse, don't use it on wet hair because it will make your hair go limp. Water will dilute the active ingredients in most volumizers. To use a gel or mousse properly, first towel dry your hair to remove excess moisture, and then massage the volumizer into your hair and style as usual.

Fading Hair Color

To lock in color, try using a shampoo that has a slightly acidic Ph. All shampoos designed to clarify, thicken, or control dandruff contain harsh, color-dimming ingredients and should thus be avoided.

Hair Breakage


Your hair is fragile when wet, so comb it properly. Here's how to do that.
  • Always use a wide-tooth comb for detangling.
  • Begin at ends and work through gently.
  • Then go back and comb through from scalp.
Enrich Your Dark Hair Color Naturally

Brew a strong cup of espresso. Let it cool completely. Once it's cool, pour on your dry hair and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse.

I think you'll find these four healthy hair tips quite useful.

Chet Day
Editor, The Health Circus
http://chetday.com

12 comments:

  1. Interesting, but none really apply to me. Have always known the right way to comb wet hair, guess my mom tought me. Do not use moose or gel, nor hair color. I'm 54, going gray and that's fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the espresso wash out with the next shampoo or does it last a few weeks like a chemical rinse? How much of the gray will it cover?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to know what can be done for hair that falls out too much. It seems that my hairbrush has too much hair on it and I would like to keep more of what I have. Does the espresso cover gray hair or just enhance the natural color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ThankS! These were very helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make kombucha & let stay 21days for vinegar,& use it for rinsing my hair and it is just turning gray on the tempals 61yrs..also soak my feet for softer feet....and spray it on my body for softer skin and let it air dry..i use it for deorant,i have been using this for almost 2yrs..i make the 6-7 day kombucha for my daily elexier how great this is....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why would you want to get rid of grey hair?
    It's awesome.
    I mean, you finally get to the age when the heavens bless you with riches of platinum that you can take with you anywhere and you want it to turn the color of poo or pee like when you were younger and immature.
    Embrace it! Love it!
    ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have benefited a lot from some of your tips .

    ReplyDelete
  8. being a stylist i wouldnt put anything over hair thats already previously colored or u might be sorry.also hair coming out could be due to stress or not enuf b vit. u could also try nioxin products which hv 2b purchased at a salon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to know what to do with post-menopausal thinning hair

    ReplyDelete
  10. if you all want your hair and color back purchase the Tibetan rites and do them daily they really work plus no chemicals

    ReplyDelete
  11. Earth clinic has a lot of tips, remedies for all kinds of hair problems. Thank u, Chet for your tips! Very good also!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete