Sunday, December 09, 2007

Quick Energy

It's the holiday season as I write this entry and, as usual this time of year, most people are looking for some kind of quick energy boost because they're worn out from dashing around like crazed chipmunks trying to get ready for Christmas.

Well, I have a quick energy tip for you today that's a whole lot healthier than caffeine, energy drinks, or prescription drugs!

I learned this natural health energy booster secret several years ago from Carol, a reader of my daily health tip newsletter. Here's Carol's letter from February of 2005:
Spinach Power for Quick Energy

Hi there Chet!

I e-mailed you about this once before, but after reading the recent newsletter about the lady who boosted her energy by eating baby spinach leaves, I thought I would mention it again.

You wrote about how good the baby spinach leaves are, and I agree.

However, I don't think that they taste all that terrific plain, so I put them in a blender with unsalted V-8 Juice, and... WOW... talk about a healthy pick-me-up. This stuff is dynamite!

Sure beats the "cup o' joe" or "liquid candy" cola!
Over the years I've had a lot of readers write in about the quick energy boosts they get from eating baby spinach leaves or from blending them in various concoctions like the one Carol has shared with us.

If you're looking for an energy jolt that's both natural and healthy, give spinach a try!

Chet "Quick Energy" Day
Editor, The Natural Health Circus
http://chetday.com/blog

2 comments:

  1. Spinach is a wonderful food, isn't it. Especially baby spinach. Never tried it as a pick-me-up drink though but I try to make it as part of my daily meal - love the crunch.
    -----------------------
    The Traveller
    "Safe Drinking Water Can Poison You." And MORE...
    http://www.dircmp.com/foodisremedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many baby spinach leaves do you add to the v-8 juice and how many ounce's of juice.

    ReplyDelete