Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sunburn Remedies

Today I'd like to share three natural sunburn remedies.

First, we have an old standby... apple cider vinegar.

To use this method, load up a spray bottle with unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (never use white vinegar) and keep it handy during the sunny months.

When your or someone in your family catches too many rays, spray apple cider vinegar on the hot, red skin, and leave it on until it dries. Once dry, you can rinse with cool water.

Ah, relief!

Here's another food remedy for sunburn that's said to be effective...

Pull a fresh cucumber out of the veggie bin.

Grab your vegetable peeler and scalp the skin right off that cuke.

Slice thin and then gently put cool slices on the burned skin areas and leave them there until they get warm.

Soothing, eh?

Also, I read recently that grating a white potato and then applying the moist gratings to sunburned skin will ease the pain. I've never tried this method myself, so I don't know how good it is.

One final tip... to avoid sunburn altogether do what I do... use your brain and don't stay out in the summer sun for too long.

Duh!

Oh, if you have a sunburn remedy you'd like to share, click on the "comment" link below and start typing. :)

Chet "I Don't Burn" Day
Editor, The Natural Health Circus
http://chetday.com/blog

1 comment:

  1. Usually I use aloe vera gel purchased over the counter. I would prefer getting something more natural if I can find it. Then I mix a small amount with some essential oils. I buy mine from shops that really know their oils, so I know I'm getting something potent. The perfect combination for sunburn relief is peppermint and lavender oils. I have also read the "blue" oils are especially helpful like german cammomile.

    ReplyDelete