Thursday, June 02, 2005

Carob Fudge Treat

I think of myself as a health nut, but I also have limits.

I mean, seriously, if I have to choose between rich dark chocolate fudge and some kind of healthy fudge, I'll take the real thing just about every time.

And the heck with guilt feelings.

With that said, I also appreciate a healthy carob fudge recipe, and today I'd like to share a good one for a carob treat that I got from Janet Cox many years ago.

Wonderful Carob Fudge


2 cups sweetened carob chips
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (smooth)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups crispy rice cereal (opt)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (opt)
1/2 cup raisins (opt)

Melt carob chips, add peanut butter and flavoring, stir in ceral, nuts, raisins, etc. as you desire. Spread in coated dish until set.

Whoa, sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

Mix up and batch and give it a try this weekend.

Chet Day
Editor, The Health Circus
http://chetday.com