Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sound of Silence

Today let's do a little something different and turn to Richard Albert, also known as Ram Dass, who wrote...
The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
Ram Dass's insight works great as a little stress reducing meditation.

How so?

Keep reading.

Take a long, slow deep breath, hold for a second, and then exhale slowly. Repeat several times until you feel your consciousness shift into the quiet moment.

Now listen.

Intently listen.

Become aware of the multitude of sounds around you in this moment.

Focus on one sound and let it reverberate through you.

And for the final step, let go of that one sound and now listen only to the deep silence that is your true nature.

Ah, peace and bliss.

The sound of silence.

And where there's silence, there is no stress. :)

If you liked today's blog entry, you'll definitely enjoy my free EarthRain Meditation newsletter. Click here and join over 14,000 subscribers from more than 40 countries around the world.

Chet "I Like Silence" Day
Editor, The Natural Health Circus
http://chetday.com

1 comment:

  1. We must be kindred spirits because I am very silent in my workplace. So much so that my supervisor hunts me down to "poke fun" at me. Other loud people in my other office don't know what to do with me because I'm so quiet.

    Long live the quiet people. Keep up the great articles, Chet.

    ReplyDelete