Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Easy Headache Relief

Today I want to share three easy headache relief methods I've learned over the years:

Let's start with this headache relief technique from Leslie N, who writes...
Whenever I get a headache, the first thing I do is wonder if I have been getting enough water. I'm terrible about that, and find if I get a little dehydrated it causes headaches, so my simple natural remedy is to drink water!
[Chet's Note: My experience with this approach is that it takes at least two eight-ounce glasses of water in a row to help a nagging headache.]

The second headache relief remedy comes from RFMom, who tells us...
If I get a headache my husband presses very hard on the acupuncture pressure point in between my thumb and first finger joint.

That point is about an inch back from the V where thumb and first finger join.

This WORKS instantly, like an on/off switch.

For some reason I can't do it for myself, though.
And Tom DeR provides us with his approach for headache relief...
I found Peppermint tea and Rosemary tea are excellent for headaches. You can read more about it in Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss.
Well, instead of three, why not four headache remedies?

Personally, on those occasions when I get a headache from working too long at the computer, I lay down and put on a pair of headphones and listen to my popular Cat's Purr CD with a cold pack on my forehead. Ah, relief!

If you have a favorite home remedy for headaches, I hope you'll take a few minutes and share it with Natural Health Circus blog readers. Just click on the "Comments" link below and start typing.

Chet "Headache Relief" Day
Editor, The Natural Health Circus
http://chetday.com/blog

1 comment:

  1. Great Post here are some more natural methods that treat headaches and will also prevent them if used on a daily basis. Feverfew has been shown to prevent migraines as well as treat them. Additionally, ginger and gingko biloba may act as a preventative for headaches. Check here for more Info The Prevention & Treatment of Headaches

    ReplyDelete