Saturday, August 30, 2008

Raw Honey Cashew Treat

It's Saturday afternoon as I write these words, and my fingers are sticking to the keyboard because I just finished eating a deliriously good and healthy snack, what I call...
Chet's Raw Honey Cashew Treat

1 handful of raw cashews
1 jar of raw honey

Open jar of of honey. Take one large raw cashew in hand and dip into honey. Let excess honey drain into jar. Insert honey-dipped nut in mouth and chew slowly and thoroughly.
Whoa, talk about a little taste of heaven right here on earth!

I mean, seriously, I've been traveling in the natural health circus since 1993, and this little concoction ranks right up there with the top five healthy snacks I've stumbled upon or created during all those years.

You can make this snack with cashews and honey you have on hand, but if you want to enjoy it in its delirious glory, I recommend ordering both cashews and honey from Dr. Ben Kim's website.

That's where I ordered mine, and if I continue to gobble cashews dipped in honey the way I've been doing it this past week, I'm going to have to make a new order soon.

Here are links to the cashews and honey my family and I eat...

Dr. Ben Kim's 100% Organic Honey

Dr. Kim's product is the sweetest and richest-tasting honey that's ever been in my 60-year old mouth.

I've been ordering and trying various raw honey brands for over 15 years now.

Sadly, I've been disappointed in almost all instances. In fact, the majority of the honey brands I've tried during that time weren't a whole lot better tasting than what I could buy at local farmer's markets.

With one notable exception -- several two gallon containers of a fabulous creamed raw honey I ordered from a family in Montana just before Y2K.

Well, I have to say that Dr. Kim's 100% organic honey is better tasting and far less expensive than the Y2K stash of raw honey that we'd consumed by 2003.

I also have to say that Dr. Kim's offering for sale the best organic cashews I've ever eaten.

Dr. Ben Kim's Raw Organic Cashews

I ordered four bags of these when I learned that Dr. Kim had added them to his catalog because cashews are my favorite nut.

The first bag of cashews I bought from Dr. Kim's site disappeared -- with the help of my wife -- in three days.

And at the rate I'm going now that I tried dipping these huge, delicious cashews in Dr. Kim's honey, the second bag will be gone in two days.

Anyway, try dipping cashews in honey.

After you've done so, you may well want share your thoughts on the Raw Honey Cashew Treat by using the "Comments" link below.

And share a healthy snack tip, too, if you have one.

Chet "Cashew Nutjob" Day
Editor, The Natural Health Circus
http://chetday.com/blog

3 comments:

  1. Man, this sounds delightful! I can see falling off my diet in a heartbeat if I were to try this!

    Do cashews provide healthy fat, or aren't they actually bad for you in such quantity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "what's that you're eating, dear?"
    "oh, it's nut'n honey."

    never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you advertise this as a low calorie snack? Especially if we eat as many as you seem to think we will? Very naughty

    ReplyDelete