Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Healthy Butter

Today, I'd like to share an excellent recipe for a healthy and different butter...

Karyn's Better Butter

Chet, we try to eat good, but we really enjoy butter, so I'd like to share a recipe for healthy butter that I created.

I found that if I mix one pound of good butter with half a cup of cold-pressed oil (I prefer olive oil, but it's too strong for my kid's tastes) and a half a cup of good yogurt (I use Mountain High, plain), then the mixture is more like margarine, without all the junk that's in margarine.

I let this healthy butter mixture soften and then throw it all in my Bosche food processor and whip it up good.

I usually do at least three pounds of butter at a time and add 1 1/2 cups of the oil and yogurt, and freeze part of it until we need it.

This mixture is not as fattening as pure butter but still tastes very good.
Thanks to Karyn for sharing this recipe for a healthy butter.

Chet Day
Editor, The Natural Health Circus
http://chetday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment