Monday, May 22, 2006

Healthy Snack Ideas

Let's start the new week with four quick, easy, and healthy snack ideas, shall we?

The next time you feel like you can't go another five minutes without eating, instead of chomping your molars into some nasty, high-sugar, health-compromising junk food snack, have...
  • A healthy dip or nut butter and some raw crunchy vegetables.

  • An avocado in a whole wheat or corn tortilla with a dash of sea salt.

  • Slices of organic raw cheese and some sour fruit.

  • A fresh glass of fruit or vegetable juice.
Seriously, if you followed the above four suggestions over the course of a year, you would not only satisfy your snack cravings, but you would also lose at least ten pounds... and probably more than that.

Whoa, that's great, eh?

Chet Day
Editor, The Natural Health Circus
http://chetday.com

3 comments:

  1. Chet,
    thanks for those suggestions. I found myself visiting the snack box way too often at work, and decided that starting yesterday, I was staying away.

    I didn't realize how much of a habit it had become until late morning through early afternoon where I really had to convince myself that cookies or chocolate was NOT the answer!

    I have enough baby carrots and hummus with me today to make a yummy snack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chet,
    My main snack foods are macadamia nuts and dried organic dates. Anytime I need a quick fix they seem to do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, those snacks sound good! I try to keep healthy snacks with me all the time - it's way too easy to hit fast food or vending machines when hunger strikes. My favorites are whole almonds mixed with raisins, prunes by themselves, and sunflower seeds!

    ReplyDelete