Thursday, March 30, 2006

Weight Lifting Workout

I want to put in a few good words for a basic weight lifting workout, which is one of the best exercise choices for just about everyone.

I added a weightlifting workout to my exercise routine several years ago, and I usually push the iron around two or three days a week.

When I started, I spent about $28 on a basic set of 100 lbs worth of weights at K-Mart. Great price... even came with the bar. So you can get your own weight lifting workout started for minimal dinero.

I set up a corner of my garage as my spa and have been pumping iron ever since. I've added some good muscle to my body and enjoy the redistribution of tissue that seems to come naturally with weightlifting.

No, I don't have power buns. But I do look less and less like a pear back there.

I won't describe actual exercises since you can check out FAQs on the net or buy a magazine at the supermarket or a book. Weight lifting workout routines are easy to find, and I think it's best if each of us discovers for ourselves the exercises we need.

Regarding my optimal exercise program as a whole, I lift three days a week for about 30-40 minutes. On days when I don't lift, I walk and jog for at least 30 minutes. I take Sundays off (and write email health tips and other fun stuff).

Every day, I warm-up with a few minutes of stretching and rebounding.

If you don't have 30-60 minutes a day set aside for some kind of exercise (even if it's just walking in the fresh air instead of a weight lifting workout), then you need to start doing it right now.

I consider exercise one of the three cardinal parts of my health routine!

Chet Day
Editor, The Natural Health Circus
http://chetday.com

2 comments:

  1. Great tips... I'm ready for a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff here! I'm searching for some weightlifting programs and i stumbled your site. thanks for sharing yours. it's well written and useful. - Shane

    ReplyDelete