Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wild Rice Crockpot Recipe

Today I'd like to share a healthy crockpot recipe...

Wild Rice with Cherries, Apricots, and Pecans

1 cup converted white rice
1 cup wild rice -- rinsed and drained
29 ounces canned vegetable broth
1/2 cup hot water
1/4 cup dry sherry (optional)
1 medium onion -- chopped
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tso garlic pepper
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

In your slow cooker, mix together the white rice, wild rice, broth, water, sherry, onion, garlic powder, and garlic pepper.

Cover and cook on the low heat setting about five hours, or until the rices are tender but not mushy. Stir in the apricots, cherries, pecans, and parsley. Serve immediately. Makes about 8 to 10 servings.

Chet Day
Editor, The Natural Health Circus
http://chetday.com

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chet, as I have a Rayburn, I didn't see the need for a slow cooker. Now the Rayburn is turned off for the summer, I am missing out on your wonderful and inspired crock-pot recipes. I want to buy a crock-pot; can you advise me on what features I should look for before I part with my hard-earned cash?

    ReplyDelete